Basic receptions of online poker
Bluff - the most known reception of game in poker. Distinguish two kinds of a bluff. Semi-bluff - when the player makes the bet with the purpose to frighten off opponents, but he has a hope to improve the cards up to an advantageous hand (for example, rise with holey straight or younger pair can be an example to a Semi-bluff). And the bluff - a bet when the player has no chances of a victory (at you 5, 8, and on a table lays A, K, J).
To bluff it is necessary moderately and success of your bluffs depends on many factors, such as:
- Amount of opponents: the it is more than them, the it is less chances, that the bluff will be possible.
- Type of opponents: tight opponents to frighten much easier.
- The size of bank: the bank less, the it is more probability of success.
- Your image behind a table: if at you image of tight player your bet bluffs will go right much more often (consider, that in online image plays a smaller role).
- Opportunity to show the certain strong hand: if on a table lays three-four one-coloured cards or four cards to straight probability, that the opponent will throw off the senior pair, it is great enough.
- Position: the bluff from last position when all players have told the check often is possible.
- Round of trade: the bluff passes on River (except for cases when you also pressed on Flop and Turn, and the opponent unsuccessfully tried something to pull) less often.
At the check-raising the player on early/average positions speaks the check with the purpose to make raise in the same round (hoping, that the subsequent players will stake). The check-raising are applied in the following purposes:
- To expel opponents: if you sit in an early position, and the bet has been made by the player in a late position after yours raise players in an average position should make the double bet, the probability is great, that they will be fold.
- To force the player it is erroneous to call: if you consider, that he tries to pull a card and his chances not so greater.
- To increase bank, when at you a strong card.
- To try to win bank as a bluff (the check-raising is often used at a strong card).
If at you insufficiently good hand, but is quite good chances of its improvement in the further, the player can try to receive free card. With this purpose the player, it is usual on last position on Flop makes the bet or lifts, simulating a good hand. As a result on Turn all opponents can tell the check and the player if desirable cards do not have come, the check too can tell. As a result the player pays only two small bets to look turn and river, instead of paying one small and one greater.
Slowplay - imitation of a weak card on hands (only call, but not raise or bet) at the first stages of game with the purpose to leave in game a maximum quantity of players and to collect is as much as possible money in bank.
Slowplay it is not recommended to use in following cases:
- The free card can improve cards of the opponent considerably: it is clear, that if you can beat, it is better to not give the opponent of such opportunity, at least, free of charge.
- The bank is great enough: thus opponents usually have sufficient chances of bank, and they will call.
- It is a lot of players in game: here two moments, first, the more players, the bank and more chances there is more, that they will call, secondly, here above danger, that the free card though someone will help to collect a good combination.
- Weak opponents: weak opponents call practically with any card why them to not punish from the very beginning?